In Miami, with its changing weather, to keep functioning your garage doors can make a difference. It is not just about the performance of the garage doors but also in terms of safety.
If your garage door is having problems and is not easy to solve, you may need to call a local Miami garage door repair company.
This article will teach you how to fix some of the most common garage door problems. These tips are designed for homeowners who don’t have a lot of experience with garage doors.
You’ll learn about how to distinguish between types of problems, what to do if the problem is more complicated, and when it is time for experts.
These are some common garage door problems and how you can repair them:
Miami’s typical residential garage door is 150 pounds and can open and close around 1,500 times in a year. Sure, it’s a lot of heavy lifting! And when regular maintenance is not performed, garage doors can start to show some problems like:
- The garage door won’t open or close:
This is probably one of the most common problems with garage doors. As a homeowner, you are responsible for repairing it immediately to ensure the safety of your garage and family. You can fix them by yourself using these tips:
- Check the wall switch first if it’s connected to the door opener properly and functioning well, then unplug it and plug it back in again.
- If that doesn’t work, check your circuit breaker panel for tripped breakers that might be affecting your door opener.
- If everything is okay, try testing the motor by manually operating the trolley on both sides. Try lifting or lowering manually while observing if anything is obstructing its path.
- The garage doors are making noises every time they close or open :
Noisy doors can be a sign of a door that needs more lubricant, and so it’s best to apply extra lubricant on the spot, making noise. The noise should stop when this has been done. If this doesn’t work, you can also try:
- You can install a more extended trolley to get installed correctly and not rub the rails or wobble.
- Check the motor lubrication, make sure it’s working alright.
- Prop up the door with your hand opening it and closing it a few times to ensure that there are no catching parts. If so, remove them and paint them with lubricating grease to make them move smoothly.
- The garage door opens by itself.
If your garage door is opening without request, the problem could be as easy to fix as a dead battery. It could also be a sign of more severe problems with the equipment.
- First, you need to troubleshoot the opener by unplugging it and plugging it back again.
- Check the remote controls first to make sure that their batteries are charged.
- If none of these simple troubleshooting procedures correct the problem, there may be a bigger problem with your opener or the power supply behind it.
- The garage doors won’t close completely.
Don’t worry. This can be a prevalent garage door problem. If it doesn’t release down, then something may be interfering with the door’s closing mechanisms.
- Check for an object that may be stuck on it (a broom, a toy). This is accomplished by identifying the object and then removing it.
- Open your door completely, and then try to close it. If there is not enough room inside the door, the problem is probably with the springs.
- There could be a limit switch that is restricting the movement of the door to close.
- When the garage doors open unevenly
If the door is uneven, with the top of the door being higher or lower than the ground, then there could be a problem with your springs.
- Check the springs, tracks, and rollers for defects. Defective parts should be replaced and adjusted immediately.
- Bent tracks need to be straightened using a screwdriver. If they can’t be straightened, bolts need to be tightened or replaced.
If the problem persists and it’s not easy to fix, contact a professional service provider like Dimark Garage Doors.
If these steps fail to correct your garage door problems, then you may need to replace them or replace the opener. When you find an issue and don’t know how to love it, it is crucial to call a garage door repair company to keep your garage doors working.
Garage door repair is not to be taken lightly. If the problem persists, it should be done only by a professional who knows what they’re doing. If you want something done right, hire someone who has experience with doors of this size and heavy construction.
Will I need to replace my garage doors?
We already let you know how to identify and solve some common garages problems. An ideal option is to go for local garage door repair Miami services. But, if your garage door constantly needs repairs, you must consider replacing it.
If you don’t know much about garage doors, it can be challenging to determine when it needs replacement. There are many factors to consider, the most important is their lifespan. It varies based on the materials they are made of.
Materials like aluminum, steel, and fiberglass are more durable than wood, but they will eventually wear off over time. You can get your garage doors to replace and minimize maintenance costs.
It would help if you replaced your garage doors when:
- Your garage door does not work correctly and is constantly getting stuck;
- The belts are always getting stuck in the door, causing you to have many maintenance issues;
- There is a visible sign that the door will break any time soon.
Replacing your garage doors can be a good solution if you’ve tried to repair your old ones several times. Warranty work may be costly, and you may also have to pay a hefty fine if you complain too late about the problem.
If you want more information about garage doors, Dimark Garage Door has all the information you need.