Electricity Strip Failure Starts House Fireplace on Barker Avenue in Evansville: EFD

Two men and women were displaced right after a household fire on Barker Avenue in Evansville, Indiana on Monday.

The hearth transpired around noon on Monday at a two-story property on Barker Avenue that had been converted into a two-apartment composition.

EFD says crews arrived to come across smoke displaying from the higher amount of the residence. When crews entered the dwelling, they discovered that the fireplace had died down and nearly wholly burned by itself out.

Although the flames have been immediately extinguished by EFD, the higher stage of the property sustained major smoke hurt.

EFD suggests the next-tale condominium was unoccupied at the time of the fire, but that two occupants ended up displaced as a final result of the blaze.

According to EFD, the lead to of the hearth was a power strip failure that resulted in an electrical fire. The fire has been ruled accidental.